As summer comes to the Tokaj Wine Region, the festivals, concerts and events start in earnest! So here a couple of highlights for June…
Weekend 3-5th June
– Tokaj Wine Festival – open cellars and winemakers in the main square, artisan producers and more…
Beáta Pálya, one of Hungary’s best folk fusion / world performers, takes the stage
Zoltán Demeter tasting commemorating 20 years in Tokaj
Tokaj hill vineyard tour with knowledgeable local guide from Tokaj Today
Saturday 11th June
– Night market at the Sárga Borház. The popular Tokaj-Hegyalja artisan market is on Saturday night for a change – with a VJ projecting onto the restaurant.
Saturday 18th June
– Good Night Mád! One of the very best festivals in the Tokaj Wine Region. Open wineries and special tastings with the winemakers, as well as culinary delights, interesting events and plenty for children and, of course, music in Mád, one of the villages producing the top wine in the region.
Saturday 25th June
– Night of the Museums. Hungary celebrates the longest day of the year by opening its museums and castles into the night – including fire jumping!
– Drótszamár. Tough bike race through the beautiful hills around Erdőbénye. Various distances and age groups.
So, this was a selection of our favourite events for the month of June. You can find more here.